Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas 2010--over 1.5 years since...


I have separated myself completely (mentally) from the tumor. It is so funny...friends will ask how I am doing but until they do, I rarely even think about the cancer anymore. I still set my alarm to take my Synthroid every day (4 a.m...I like to eat too often during the day to find a time that is 2 hours after I've last eaten and at least an hour before I plan to eat!), and I still play with my scar, but even the Synthroid and the scar are mentally separated from the tumor. I can be aware of my medication and my neck (the scar has recently faded again--it's like it is stable for months, then suddenly I notice that it looks a lot better and more faded), but neither of those "awarenesses" remind me of the cancer. How oddly wonderful is that? I even think of my every 3 month visits to my ENT more to check Synthroid levels than to check for recurrence, which obviously we do too!

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Seriously good information, here. Thanks for posting it.
    http://www.nutrovita.com/35697/bioforce-usa/thyroid-support-tabs.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anita,
    its been proven for a long time for thyroid cancer patients trying to battle recurrence actually the natural thyroid (Armour)is not as regulated in terms of precise measurement. This could cause flux in the amount of stable TSH you have in your body which might conflict with the repression which is the goal of most ENTs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But in other news I think its great Lisa that you aren't thinking about your cancer anymore~! It takes awhile to get there and I'm actually happy to notice the same in my life most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Endocrine cancer comes in many forms and Thyroid cancer is probably the most popular of them. When the cancer cells grow at an uncontrollable rate, they cause thyroid cancer. These may begin at the thyroid gland themselves or from other tumor parts that eventually turned into a malignant tumor. Thyroid cancer treatment in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is a great source of information which is really very useful for me. Thank you very much for this important information.

    FOR BEST INFORMATION ABOUT THYROID CANCER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good read. Thanks for sharing your insight. Keep posting.
    For more info visit us:
    cancer treatment center america

    ReplyDelete