Thursday, August 6, 2009

I WAS RIGHT!!!

...and now I have lab values to prove it!!! TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is supposed to be (although there are some who disagree with the range) between 0.4 and 4.9. If it is too high, you are hypothyroid (because your TSH is trying to stimulate MORE thyroid production--your body is low...it needs more hormone). And...my nuclear medicine doctor said that post-cancer, TSH should be <0.1.


Mine was 53. (Or 530 times higher than it should be!!!)

My doctor upped my dose. Hmmm...go figure...I knew that 4 weeks ago. My Free T4 was 0.8, low or low normal range.


I hope this new, higher dose helps.

3 comments:

  1. The thyroid gland is not functioning accurately it causes heart arrhythmias, chronic mood swings, weight loss, obesity, and many other things. My personal advice, follow up with your local doctor, together with natural thyroid supplements and explain the feelings you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a great source of information which is really very useful for me. Thank you very much for this important information.

    FOR BEST INFORMATION ABOUT THYROID CANCER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.
    BEST INFORMATION ABOUT THYROID CANCER.

    ReplyDelete