Tuesday, July 28, 2009

HEY! I'm still here---sorry I haven't blogged!!!!!

Hi, all my loyal blog followers! I have been bad...not blogging.


We just got back from vacation (FAMVAC as it is known...a 16 year traditional trip to a state park with 25 - 40 of my relatives). Mike, the kids, and I started a day early. We spent Monday at Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN, one of the best places in the world. After my scare with blood clots, I was afraid I wouldn't be riding coasters this summer, but am happy to report that I was able to do whatever I wanted, arms high in the air on The Raven and The Legend. About 7 pm I "hit the wall" and got fatigued, but that was the first time all day I thought about my lack of thyroid except for making sure my scar was drenched in sunscreen.


Then...off to Brown County State Park. Monday we arrived at 11:30 pm so we didn't see the group until the next morning. Long story short...I got to spend 3 full days playing with my nephews Brian (age 5) and Ian (age 4) who I hadn't seen since last November.


So, now I am home and trying to get out of "vacation mode" (sleeping till 9:30 every day...far cry from my pre-radiation withdrawl period when I was up at 4:30 am). Next week I finally get to go for my first bloodwork check and hopefully get my Synthroid dose updated. I think I am still low, albeit functional, but my skin is really dry and I still am having weight gain issues. (Considering I got sick with some nasty gastrointestinal bug on vacation for 2 days, I doubt overeating on vacation has much to do with the gain!)


On the basement front (or as I have been calling it, "the Underworld") we are, for all intents and purposes, DONE. I even finished sewing the curtains and pillows. Of course, as time goes on, we'll add more furnishings, but the construction is COMPLETE. I love my craft room...I can leave all my stuff out and close the doors and no one will bother it (at least not if they value their life!) And my little TV/DVD player in there is wonderful when I am working on a project.

3 comments:

  1. I remembered when I had surgery 5 years ago, my thyroid levels had decreased and my doctor recommended thyroid natural supplements. After using desiccated thyroid for 3 days, I felt a noticeable difference in my body, mind, attitude and physical capability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a great source of information which is really very useful for me. Thank you very much for this important information.

    FOR BEST INFORMATION ABOUT THYROID CANCER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.
    BEST INFORMATION ABOUT THYROID CANCER.

    ReplyDelete