Friday, July 10, 2009

Feeling Crappy: may as well blog

Warning: the following has been written while PMSing and feeling like crap. Read at your own risk.


Welcome to Day +15. I still have all the taste alteration issues and now my skin is drying out (I am having "winter skin" in July--ugh), I am gaining weight, feel like a big balloon, have too much to do, time to do it, but feel like doing nothing. I have 4 more weeks until my next appointment with Dr. Myers, won't adjust my Synthroid until then, and I'm not sure the annoyance factor is tolerable. I want everything right RIGHT NOW. I feeling like I am wasting my summer.


Anyway, yesterday evening Mike, Anna, Josh, Anna's friend Kasey, and I went to the US National Swimming Championships at the Natatorium and got to see Michael Phelps break a world record (so I guess we are doing something fun!!) I just wish I had more energy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, just found your blog. I'm a recent thyroid cancer survivor. Actually, today is the one-year anniversary of my diagnosis, which is evoking interesting emotions for me.

    Alot has happened in the past year for me including two surgeries, radioactive treatment, what seems like a million blood draws, AND the feelings you outline above. Luckily, there are downs as well as ups in this cancer roller coaster.

    I have been blogging about my experience with thyroid cancer as well since August 2008. You can find my blog at: www.charlcie.blogspot.com.

    Wishing you good health!
    Charlcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.
    BEST INFORMATION ABOUT THYROID CANCER.

    ReplyDelete