Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day T-5: Strike while the iron is hot

I'm not even sure where that phrase came from, but it has become my motto. Welcome to Day 12 of hypothyroidism. I am your host, Lisa Francis.

Today my parents and grandma are visiting so I am recreating my Spaghetti dinner for them. As what has become usual, I woke up at 5:30 this morning (after an 11:30, yikes!, bedtime). By 9:30, I had 3 lbs of hamburger browned, the sauce made and simmering, the chocolate fudge pudding cake ready to go into the oven, and the 2nd batch of bread ready for its second rise, not to mention 3 loads of laundry done. I had unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, put away the 2nd load of dishes and am deciding if I have enough time to stain my pocket doors. When I have energy, I have it all at once. Will I still be awake at 2:00pm?? Probably not.

When the fatigue hits, it hits hard and fast, but I know that I absolutely have to sleep. But otherwise, I feel pretty much OK. I notice that I get a lot more head rushes if I get up and down too fast, but otherwise, frankly, I am shocked at what I can do. But I never, ever take it for granted that I'll be able to do it tomorrow.

Hopefully, I'll be back on meds by the end of the week or early next week and be able to even out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment