Saturday, June 13, 2009

Silver Lining, T-13

Do you have any idea how much sodium is in food? Even "fresh" chicken and some pork can have lots of added salt. If nothing else, I will always be more conscious of what I am eating. Maybe with this new awareness, I can lower my bp somewhat.

Ahh...Day 4...starting to feel the effects of no thyroid med...a bit tired, but OK. It is a busy time making bread and everything from scratch. I think I'd be tired under normal circumstances!

So, today Josh made a loaf of bread (I can't eat), I made the cinnamon bread from the Low Iodine Cookbook (more like a dessert/coffee cake). Then I decided that I'd made Italian Beef for sandwiches for supper tonight, so I had to make French bread to serve it on. I never even thought about making the French bread before, but it was easy and looks excellent.

Tomorrow: pot roast with carrots, onions and potatoes (no skins, potato skins are BAD BAD NEWS on a low iodine diet, but the inside is OK). The trick will be deciding how to season it since I can't use onion soup like normal. I also want to try making homemade pork breakfast sausage for pancakes and sausage (dinner Monday night) and apple berry salsa with homemade chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment